From many days after we published our article on RHEL 7 books for RHSCA and RHCE, we are getting many queries for RHEL 7 syllabus. Though the syllabus is available in detail at Red Hat official website, but some aspirants are having the problem in finding the right web link, so I am posting it for you in this article with the link to Red Hat official website.
Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Syllabus for RHEL 7
According to Red Hat, a certified system administrator (RHCSA) should be able to perform below task without any issue.
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation.
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services.
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services.
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration.
Above are the 7 topics for RHCSA exam (EX200) which a candidate should know if he/she is appearing for the exam. Full details of RHCSA 7 objectives can be found at official Red hat RHCSA syllabus page.
Timing of RHCSA 7 Exam: This is a practical exam with time duration of 2.5 hours. No internet access is provided during the exam.
Earlier, RHCSA 6 exam used to be only 2 hours long.
Recommended Article: RHEL 7: Practice Papers for RHCSA & RHCE Exam
Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE) Syllabus for RHEL 7
If you want to be RHCE, you must fulfil all the objectives of RHCSA, which are above and should also know below topics.
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation.
- Setting kernel runtime parameters.
- Configuring an Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) initiator.
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization.
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks.
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging.
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
Timing of RHCE 7 Exam: This is a practical exam with time duration of 3.5 hours. No internet access is provided during the exam.
Earlier, RHCE 6 exam used to be only 2.5 hours.
There are many significant differences in RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 syllabus for RHCSA and RHCE. Many new topics are added in RHEL 7 syllabus and exam time has been also increased.
In RHCSA exam, now you will have to start and stop service using systemctl command. RHCE 7 objective now has an additional topic for Database services, where you will have to Install and configure MariaDB, backup and restore a database, create a simple database schema and perform simple SQL queries against a database.
I will try to make the tutorial for MariaDB, whenever I get time and will surely help in resolving your basic queries. If you have any feedback and suggestion do leave your comment.
Incoming search terms:
- red hat certification syllabus
- redhat 7 syllabus
- rhce course syllabus
- rhcsa syllabus 2017
- red hat course syllabus
- red hat linux certification syllabus pdf
- rhel 7 certification
- rhcsa certification syllabus
- linux 7 0 first exam syllabus
- linux rhel 7 topic